Friday, December 31, 2021

Year in Review, 2021

Through sheer force of will, I managed to review one more book this year than last year, pushing myself through the difficulty of reading while snowed in an AirBnB with a variety of small children and noise making toys. It's not ideal, but nothing about 2021 has been ideal for most people. 

For the record, when I count these books, I put all big kids stuff in the YA/middle grade novels category even if it's a graphic novel or nonfiction.  Of course I read a lot of in that area because I volunteer at an elementary school library, so I wasn't constrained by the COVID restrictions at the public library and I didn't have to make special trips to get kids book.

So, here's the tally:

Dragon's 2021 Year in Review

Picture books:                     10

YA/middle grade novels:    27

Nonfiction:                          7    

Graphic novels:                   5

Memoir:                              1

Novel:                                 12

Poetry:                                1

Short story collections:      4

Total books read:               67  

No comments: