Thursday, May 7, 2015

Identity Crisis

Written by: Brad Melzer

First line: "Any idea what's in it?"

Why you should read this book: It's generally considered a game-changing comic, a murder mystery that recasts familiar characters in new roles and exposes the secret realities of public images. I picked it up because a lot of people seemed to be referencing it and I felt that I ought to know what revelations it contained, only to realize two-thirds of the way through that I had already read it, but that it hadn't made enough impact on me that I recalled any part of the story. It seems like a reader would have to be fairly well-versed in the nuances of the DC universe to take full advantage of this book.

Why you shouldn't read this book: You don't follow Justice League in any way.


No comments: