Thursday, March 27, 2014

Alexander, Who's Not (Do You Hear Me? I Mean It!) Going to Move

Written by: Judith Viorst

First line: They can't make me pack my baseball mitten or my I LOVE DINOSAURS sweatshirt or my cowboy boots.

Why you should read this book: Alexander doesn't care that his father's new job and his family's new home are a thousand miles away; he's already decided he's not going to move. His brother can insult him and call him immature; his parents can insist that he say goodbye to everyone and everything he's ever loved, but he's not going to move. One of children's literature's favorite overly dramatic boys isn't going to like what he has to do, but he is going to let the world know how he feels.

Why you shouldn't read this book: They said you better pack up your stuff because you're going to move.

No comments: