Saturday, July 30, 2022

Deadendia: The Broken Halo

Written by: Hamish Steele

First line: Dude, it's home time.

Why you should read this book: Once again I have managed to acquire the second book in a series when I thought I was getting the first book, but in this case, at least, I had seen the Netflix adaptation and was familiar with the characters and able to basically follow the plot, even though I don't think the first season of the Netflix show gets through the entire first novel, and I probably have a lot of spoilers for season two now. What's going on here is young adults who care about each other not talking because it's easier than confronting their past choices, and also there are hella demons spoiling for a fight and manipulative angels and also one character cannot seem to keep her soul inside her body, which is occasionally useful but mostly kind of annoying. Fun and unique fantasy fiction that's much more serious and meaningful than the cartoony style of the artwork conveys.

Why you shouldn't read this book: It's not the first one in the series; that book is called Deadendia: The Watcher's Test.

No comments: