Friday, April 25, 2014

Dork Diaries 3: Tales from a Not-So-Talented Pop Star

Written by: Rachel Renee Russell

First line: OMG! I think yesterday was probably the BEST day of my entire life :) !!

Why you should read this book: I'm not entirely certain why I read it, except that I spend a lot of time in an elementary school library. This third installment shows the self-deprecating Nikki excelling at yet another artistic pursuit while suffering a few rather outrageous barbs from the local mean girl. If you remember middle school, you remember her self-conscious confusion, her false starts, and her every shortcoming, real or imagined.

Why you shouldn't read this book: You, like my mother, are familiar with the true meaning of the word "dork" and therefore are appalled to hear it used in casual conversation.

No comments: